So for weeks now, Landon has asked that I take him to the Air Force Museum. I always seem to find some excuse as to why it is not convenient at the moment. I am proud to report however, that true to my resolution to live my life in the now, enjoying the moments of today, Landon and I spent a day at the museum. In the true fashion of surprise, I picked Landon up from school (which brought the biggest grin and happy dance imaginable from the little squirt) he got in the car and asked if we might go to All American Pizza Grill for lunch, as he planted a big kiss on my cheek. This was perfect! We had a lunch date together over some delicious pasta, then headed unannounced to him to the museum. As the museum came into view, Landon said aloud, "Oh, someday when we have time, you will take me there huh mom?" "What time is it now?" I asked. "12,34". "Are you sure I asked?" "Yep, I know my numbers, and it is 12, 34". I replied, " I think it is plane time!" The scream that followed this announcement was heard I am sure from within the very walls of the museum. What an adventure. Allowing Landon to lead me around the museum to view in whatever order he so saw fit the planes.
It was fantastic watching him with such wide eyed amazement, looking at, and making up war stores to tell me about each of the planes as if he knew what he was talking about. We traveled to Japan, France and Brazil (to name only a few) looked at Black Out, but had to jump out and get into an Apache,turned around in shooting guns until we ran out of bullets and took a few shots in our side, which meant we had to come back to the hanger for repair. All this, excitement and we didn't even leave the marked walkways of the hanger. What a day, "the best day ever" according to Landon. The snow kept us from seeing the planes outside, but we noticed they have some picnic tables under the wings of a few of the planes. We made a date to come back in the spring with sister so she can see all the planes with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment