What is more romantic than Pizza?


Yesterday Michael and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. Landon wanted so badly for us to have a romantic celebration. In this tech filled world, the kids are very tech savvy. Landon got on google, looking up "fancy restaurant." The results he found were fabulous, but his choice of the fancy restaurant we should go to was even better. He came to me all excited with all the information for PIZZA FACTORY in Cedar City. He had hand written all the information in blue marker complete with driving directions as to which interstate we would need etc...(since Daddy has banned him from using the printer.) He told me not to worry, that we could leave him and his sister for as long as we needed so that we could have a romantic anniversary. He didn't realize what a true sacrifice this was, with Cedar City being almost 300 miles away. I would have loved nothing more than to have a little anniversary mini vaca to Cedar City, but unfortunately it just wasn't in the cards. I didn't have the heart to let Landon know that there is also a Pizza Factory just down the street. We instead decided to involve the kids and dined at Outback Steak House. The kids loved that they were able to have steak, and though not so romantic perhaps for Mike and I, it was a fun little anniversary celebration. The kids were surprisingly well behaved and came home and went straight away to bed, MIRACLE. As I kissed each of the kids good night, I realized they had conspired to let us have some special time together by going to bed. These are the times I think to myself, "hey, we aren't doing too bad as parents, we have some good kids." As for romance, Mike and I just soaked in the peace and quiet and ended up falling asleep while watching a DVR version of The Voice.

Happy 14th Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment